Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

Spring has sprung and isn’t it just wonderful?! I love a sunny spring day after the long, cold, dreary winter. With all that is going on in the world as of late, the promises of spring are so refreshing. Plump robins are everywhere, feeding on a smorgasbord underfoot. Forsythia is beginning to bloom and just today I saw a magnolia tree in full splendor.

Each spring I overwhelm myself with all the possibilities that spring has to offer. Maybe this will be the year I start that garden I’ve been dreaming about, or the year I raise my own herbs. What types of perennials will I add to the face of our landscape, what color scheme shall I choose for the annuals? How will we manage the crabgrass this year or fight those pesky weeds? It never fails, by the end of May I’m burned out and wonder why we can’t hire it all done. But spring has just begun and I plan to hold fast to the notion that THIS will be the year…

So bring on the garden ideas and plans,
dust off the recipes that winter pushed to the back of the cupboard,
unfold the delicate linens for the dining room table,
and spruce up the house with some fresh decor.
Spring has sprung!

No comments: