Monday, January 7, 2008

Out Sick

What is with this sickness Ive had lately?! Is anyone else experiencing what Ive had? Please, someone say its not just me. Unfortunately, I think the holidays are to blame. It all started with my face breaking out. Yep, zits. Big ugly ones. Ugly enough to make my husband say 'ugh, your face DOES look bad!' Thanks honey. No, that's not really a sickness, but its the start of several weeks of feeling down right cruddy. Then, after we returned from the bowl game I came down with the flu, the cold type flu. I "thought" I was over that then I started to come down with something else, except I just couldn't put my finger on it. Then, on NYeve, I started to loose my voice and then it went ka-put all together. Once my voice came back (three days later) a cold set in. Not just any cold, but a cold with the works. You know the kind; aches, sneezing, coughing, runny yet stuffy nose. Can someone please explain to me how your nose can be stuffed up, unable to breathe, yet constantly drip? What's going on in there?! Like little cold bugs are having a party in my nose, taking up all the breathing room and spilling their drinks. Ugh, so frustrating. So add to all that the itchy eyes, sinus pressure, headaches, lack of sleep, the list goes on. Oh boy I love this time of year. I usually only get this crud once a season so lets hope this is IT! The good news is that after those single digit degree days we had last week, today and yesterday were in the mid 60s! People were on the golf course I tell ya, in January, in Indiana!! No wonder Im sick... Anywho, I just wanted to drop in and explain why Ive been MIA for the past few days. I do have some exciting news to share with you later this week. I'm not sure when yet, as school started today, ack!! So once I get a few minor details squared away, its "extra, extra, read all about it!" See ya then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather for so long. I caught that same crud when I visited IN in Sept - it took me nearly 7 weeks to finally kick it and feel good again. Sending get well hugs and wishes your way - hope you're feeing better soon!

Jacqueline said...

Jill, you are not the only one - I'm in the South of France and although not hit as bad as you seem to have been, it has been one thing after the other for about 5 weeks now! I have muscle pains now from coughing - so I think it's just the virus thats going around!
Jacqueline