Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The "Word"

Have you been reading about picking your "word" for 2008 as much as I have? I've seen it mentioned on several blogs that I frequent and I must say, it's really had me thinking. It appears to have started with Alie Edwards, though I have no idea if this is her genuine idea or if she was inspired by someone else. Instead of making resolutions, which we all know how easy those are to bend, break, and forget, you choose a word to live by throughout the year. So, I've been thinking about what my word should be and I cant seem to settle on just one, or at least cant find "the" one. You can read about Alie's word here, see a giant list she compiled from her readers' words here as well as what to do once you've found your word here. Check out the list and maybe some inspiring words will be your "word" for 2008. If you decide to join in on this craze, let us know what your word is and what it means to you.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I like the thought of a word. I can't decide on one but I will be thinking of one and let you know.
Jill (Sr)

Jill said...

I have thought about this for the last couple of hours and I have decided that my word is LESS. Lots of things are covered in my life with that one word.

Jill (Sr)

Anonymous said...

You stumped me! I can't choose one because I have too many words to consider. Perhaps "indecision" might work for me? LOL