Friday, November 21, 2008

Back in the Christmas Saddle

Where does the time go? I'm sorry to have left you hanging for the past couple of weeks but it seems that since I started my new job, Ive had less interest for crafting. But, I'm back in the saddle, so they say, ready to giddy-up for the holidays.

We have a craft show the weekend after Thanksgiving so I have several projects to finalize before then. Never mind a recent order I received for 100 custom Christmas cards...ack! Or 50 handmade tags...gasp! Or the Christmas cards Ive promised family members...oh no! *Insert McCulley Culkin face here*

Today I bring you two Christmas card sets that I recently completed. The first is a Christmas tree patterned paper set on kraft paper. I love the natural look of kraft paper, especially during the holidays. The Happy Holidays in the bottom corner is actually a Doodlebat, DB 'Tis The Season Words, which is a fun distressed take on common holiday words and sayings. To go with the distressed look, I scuffed up and inked the edges and set with tiny pearls. If there was a scratch 'n sniff feature on this blog, you'd be able to enjoy the scent of this card too, Christmas Lane. Ive discovered Card Scents and have enjoyed adding them to my holiday cards. The inside of the card reads "May the magic of Christmas fill each corner of your home and heart."

My second card is a simple piece of holly patterned paper, distressed with green and brown inks to soften the look. Set with tiny pearls, the pattern paper pops off of the contrasting cardstock, while the scalloped oval completes the theme. Inside reads, "A heartfelt Christmas wish of peace and happiness, this holiday season."

Hopefully I'll be back soon with more to share!

No comments: