Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas Cards

In preparation of the upcoming craft show I'll be attending, I’ve been busy making holiday card sets. Tonight I have three to show you, so let’s get to it!

The first one is just a basic layout with a nice Christmas saying cut out my Nestabilities dies. A few rhinestones jazz up the corners and that's about it.
Next is a Christmas card with nontraditional colors of pinks and greens (my favorite combo!). I found the little tree die cut at the checkout counter and grabbed it as a last minute Gotta Have It! Those marketing people really know what they're doing... To add some interest to the little trees I stamped them with a music sheet background stamp, ink distressed the edges, and topped with either a rhinestone or button. The trees sit atop a sparkly white square, which is difficult to see in the photo.
The third card took me back to my Copic markers, let me explain. Years ago, like 5-10, I bought these clipart CDs from Provo Craft HugWare. I don’t know if they even make these things anymore but Im glad I decided to dig them back out. I had some snowman paper I was trying to make a card from but needed a focal point. A quick Google image search turned up nothing but then the thought of these CDs popped into my head. Again, I haven’t used them for ages so imagine my surprise when I found a snowman that would work. The cool thing about these graphics is that they come either colored or black and white. Since the colored version didn’t match my paper, I chose the black and white and colored them with my Copic markers so they’d coordinate with my patterned paper. I haven’t colored for quite some time and I forgot how painstakingly long it takes to do multiple cards. But I’m pleased with the results and will be turning back to my ancient CDs to see what else I can make with them. Unfortunatly, when I printed the images I didnt leave quite enough room to allow for the Nestabilities die, but I was able to salvage them by rotating the oval. Both ways turned out cute and I didn't have to waste my coloring efforts.

No comments: