Thursday, July 17, 2008

Martha, Martha, Martha!!!

This group of cards and tags started because of a little bird's nest stamp I found and couldn't resist. Ive been challenging myself to use up my scrap paper, since I have plenty of it, and it has really been fun! So away I went...

One tag led to another...

And then came this little card which actually started with the three little scalloped squares...

...except at the time, I didn't have anything to put in the squares. I told you all I had been busy last week, and its all that darn Martha's fault. I went to Walmart for something completely unrelated, just happened to mosey to the craft isle, and wha?! When did Martha Stewart move in to Walmart?! Ye-ah, she has all sorts of fun stuff there now. Granted, she's had products at Michaels for quite some time now, in fact, she's pretty much taken over this whole green earth don't you think? There's just something about those little robbin-egg-blue packages that scream out "Pick me! Pick me!" And its by Martha, so how can it not be good right? So that's where the butterflies came from, good ole Martha. Ive seen some butterflies on this or that, and they were cute, but Ive never been a die-hard fan. *sigh* Until Martha's butterfly punch made its cute little way into my shopping cart. I've completely digressed but what I'm getting at is, how cute are these little fluttery bits of joy?

Notice that the middle but'rfly appears as if its flying off the page. Vellum. Its a good thing. *That's totally something my friend Martha would say!*

Amidst the bird nest stamp, Martha's punch, and these yummy scraps I'm lovin' I somehow caught a French moment. Probably because of last weekend's other big project that I gave you a sneak peak of and am still not ready to unveil to you all just yet. Yeah, I think that's what did it. So, I found myself at the hobby store, and like a broken record this stamp was hollering at me to pick it up. Oui oui!! And the French script begins...

I have had lots of fun with this stamp, although this is the only completed item I have at the moment. Another is in the works but it's being difficult at the moment so I had to put it in time-out until it learns to play nice.

And then somewhere along the way came this card and tag duo...

I turned the button into a flower by adding some freehand leaves that I inked up and scored down the middle to create a vein of sorts.

Some "whoopses" turned into good things with this matching tag...

Gotta love details...


That's all for tonight, I gotta hit the hay. Check back tomorrow, I just might have a Let's Entertain post and another inspiration sneak peak!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Pretty! You and Martha sure have a good thing going! Keep up the good work! (Soooo glad to see one of my girls has a love for crafting and being creative. Sorry, Jen, I know you would too if you had time.)