Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween Card

Do you ever feel like you've lost your mojo? I sat down tonight to work on some Halloween cards and it was hours before I produced anything. I need to be working on some Thanksgiving invitations for my sister in law but things just aren't coming to me. Crafter's Block. When I get it, I get it bad and it's so frustrating. What usually helps is when I create just for fun, hence the Halloween cards. But even those were tricky...get it, trick-y...Halloween...trick or treat... Humor me here, I have crafter's block. If this is the worst Halloween card I produce this season, I think I'll be alright. I stitched the edges of solid black card stock (even though my machine is on the blink. Maybe it has a sewing block...) then layered on top, a patterned paper piece that had its edges distressed. Love that roughed up look. Each corner is touched with black rhinestones and the focal points are Halloween chipboard buttons by Making Memories. I bought these last year in fact, but never used a one (I have a bad habit of hording things). All was layered upon a cream card, which was a nice smooth contrast to the black. The inside reads:
When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam,
may luck be yours on Halloween.

I really like this aged typewriter font, called 1942 Report. I found the quote at The Quote Garden, which I visit all of the time because it's such a good resource. They have quotes, sayings, etc. for just about every theme, holiday, or topic under the sun. Or moon. If you're working on some Halloween projects of your own, visit their Halloween page for some cute sayings.

I leave you tonight with a shot of my assistant...asleep on the job. She's a dainty "size 13."

No comments: