Friday, October 10, 2008

A Cause for Celebration

You may recall that at the start of the new year, I chose a word. A word that would represent the days ahead, a hopeful outlook of things to come. My word was celebrate. We are in a time of thanksgiving, and I am certainly thankful for the many reasons I have had to celebrate thus far during the year. Today I have but one more reason to celebrate.

Today I accepted a position that will allow me to take another step towards this dream/goal/passion I have of event planning. After a total of three interviews and weeks of agonizing waiting, you are now looking at (figurtivly speaking) the brand new, sparkling, Marketing Events and Promotion Cordinator. That's right folks, I'm officially an event planner! I'll primarily be responsible for the coordination of our tradeshows and sales events, which is a pretty big task. Im excited though and am very anxious to get started. But as is the case with most change, its change...something new and a bit unknown. The good news is that this is a position within my current place of employment, so hopefully that'll ease the transition process a little bit.

When I came to this company over four years ago I had no idea the opportunites that waited for me on the other side of those glass doors. Some would take years to unfold and others, I believe, are still waiting for just the right time to present themselves. Opportunities are all around us, big and small, and we must seize as many as we can. Because you just never know what awaits you on the other side of those glass doors.

Here's to my new begining, let's celebrate!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AMAZING! I'm so happy for you :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Told you it would happen...patience.....