Thursday, December 4, 2008

More Christmas Cards

Are you tired of seeing Christmas cards yet? Okay, only a few more and I promise I'll get on to something new. I have two simple Christmas projects to show you soon so stay tuned for those.

I have four more Christmas card packs made up for the craft show Im going to this weekend. The first two feature focal points that included in a digi pack I purchased from Sweet Shoppe Designs called Christmas Mix. I like to stamp but digital images are a bit easier for me to use since I can size them to my own specifications and they're already colored. An important factor when Im pressed for time!

This card features a simple holly image centered on Anna Griffin paper with a bow adhered to the corner. The distressed backgrounds and hemp bow give it a natural look. Here I used the stocking image and simulated them hanging by a chimney. I love tiny images that resemble postage stamps! The white background is matted on distressed kraft paper, again, giving it a natural look. My next card features one of my favorite stamps, the one I used to make my mom's Christmas cards last year. It is added to a simple candy cane striped background with a dark green ribbon folded around the corner's edge. Quick and easy! It's funny to me that during each card making process I think to myself, 'Oh I love this, I think this is going to be my favorite!' That is, until the next card comes along! Here's my current favorite but maybe that's because it's the last set that Ive made... I stamped a basic snowman image onto white cardstock using a denim blue ink topped with a touch of black, kind of using the "rock n roll" technique. I then inked up the piece with brown to give it a nice worn look to coincide with the pattered paper's tattered edges. I finished it off with some pearls for buttons and an inked up snowflake that I just happen to have enough leftovers of. Oh, and if you'd bring your nose a little closer to your monitor...come on, get close...now take a big sniff...mmmm, smells like Icicles!

I must run, other projects await my attention and time is running out. See you next time!

No comments: