Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Shortcake

All of my posts have posted in reverse order today, so I apologize for that.

It has become my recent tradition to take my dad strawberries and shortcake for Father's Day. He doesn't like gifts usually, says he has enough shirts and doesnt need anything else. He doesnt need homemade strawberries and shortcake with real cream either but I think he deserves it at least once a year, so that's what I take him.

I'm all about presentation, when at all possible, so I wanted to do something simple yet creative for the dads' gift. I picked up a few cute baskets at Hobby Lobby for just a couple of bucks as well as red bandanas. I was only able to fit the shortcake in the baskets so the strawberries and cream were kept separate.



Im sure you could find these baskets in various sizes so keep this idea in mind next time you have a carry-in, reunion, or other summer-time party to take food too. It is a really inexpensive and easy way to liven up your presentation.

Oh, and here's the Father's Day card I made. Very simple...as I was just learning how to use my new dies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of your cards are so pretty and the basket of shortbread must have been a big hit for your dad! Great presentation with the bandana!
Enjoy your nesties! I have the circles and I absolutely love them! TFS!