Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stationery Set

I just finished another stationery set to give as a thank you gift to a friend of mine. A very long overdue thank you gift but still. I thought for a while about what colors to use but when pool blue and red came to mind, I knew that was it! She lives in Vegas now and these papers sort of remind me of the West. Makes me wanna put on a pair of red cowboy boots and turquoise jewelry! Yee-haw!

I just placed an order for some actual stationery boxes to use for these kinds of sets. I have a feeling Im going to be making more, they're just too fun! So once the boxes come in, this entire set, 20 cards, envelopes, paper, and labels, will all go inside. Im also having my sister in law make a beaded letter opener that I will include as well.

The entire set:


I broke down and bought a Scor-Pal the other day and this is the first card I really used it on. Its hard to tell because of the busy pattern, but I scored lines every half inch or inch in each direction. Then, I distressed the scores with ink, which adds another pattern. I also roughed up the edges of the paper to give it an overall distressed look.

I dont have anything on hand just yet but Id like to add some crystals to the centers of a few of those star bursts. We cant have a set without bling!!

Simple polka dots with a few buttons added.

Monogram cut with nesties and topped off with a coordinating brad.

Another nestie monogram. During the day, the monogram paper matches really well, not so much at night...?

And finally, envelopes and paper bound with coordinating trims of paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.