Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Crispy Yogurt Chicken

Have y'all checked out The Pioneer Woman yet? If you haven't, what are you waiting for? If I'd met her, I'm sure we'd be best friends. I think she's just great, with her whit, humor, amazing talent and all. Her photography is amazing and she has a unique way of making everyday things seem larger than life yet approachable. When she posted her recipe for Crispy Yogurt Chicken, I thought I would give it a try. Maybe its this time of year or the fact that I finally have a little more time on my hands but Ive been having fun experimenting with various herbs and recipes lately. This recipe seemed simple enough and it gave me a chance to try something new. I had all of the ingredients so I went to work.

I know that Pioneer Woman would never let me down, since we're best friends and all, so I'm not sure where I was led astray with this recipe. Emmm, I give it a C+ but definitely with A potential. Problem? Bland. Blah. Ho-hum. I even added an extra clove of garlic! I love that its made with yogurt, definitely a healthy spin on chicken, but it needs a lot of spice to kick it up a few notches. Max makes a delicious recipe that is very similar except it uses Miracle Whip and seasoned croutons. Okay, so its loaded with fat and everything that's totally bad for you, but at least its tasty. Not that my BFF's chicken wasn't tasty, it was just average. But I'm not giving up!

Fortunately, Max said the carrots (cooked in butter and brown sugar) and Alfredo noodles (topped with fresh grated Parmesan cheese) were good, so that's a plus. And why I cooked my carrots in butter instead of boiling them and then adding the butter-sugar glaze...I have no idea. Sometimes I do weird things for no apparent reason. They look funny, but were delish!

I can only hope that tonight's cooking experiments are revived with this sweet concoction:

If all goes well, I'll share the recipe with you later. Stay tuned!

No comments: