Monday, August 25, 2008

Fun with Flowers

Thank you everyone for your kind words in regards to my I Did It! post. Though I have a long way to go before I make it to where Id like to be professionally, I realize that this first event is a very important building block for my future. I intend to have a lot of fun along the way and I hope you'll all join me for the adventure.

I mentioned that the centerpieces we used for the event would come in handy for a few other projects. First up (because my other ideas haven't come to full fruition), is some basic fun with pictures. I am a very visual person, love pictures of pretty things. Max laughs at me all the time when he asks about a magazine I'm "reading" and I reply with, I don't know what it's about, I'm just looking at the pictures! Don't worry, I know how to read...I just really love pictures. I know you're not suppose to judge a book by its cover but I do. I really do! And pictures are worth a thousand words aren't they? I digress but one thing I have been enjoying recently is playing around with my camera and trying to understand how it works best and how to take decent pictures. It's hard for me to leave something in its original unaltered state. That's why we have hobbies, so we can play right?!

I took scads of pictures of these centerpieces, both at night and during the day to see how the lighting effected the pictures. Then, I uploaded them to a photo editing software and started playing around. I bought Corel Paint Shop Pro last semester but was way too busy to take the tutorial to learn how to use it. I still haven't done that but Ive had fun trying to learn on my own. I find I learn best through trial and error. Until I learn the right way then I wonder why I wasted so much time trying and erroring... So this post is nothing more than a reason to show you some pictures of flowers and to talk about the fun I had playing around with the images.
Before:

After:
The pictures look a little fuzzy here on Blogger so I hope to get a Flickr account open soon so photos can be viewed in their best format.

No comments: